Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The hardest part about pregnancy for me

So this is kind of a touchy subject, but I just have to get my feelings down. After all the excited feelings on Saturday and Sunday, yesterday I started thinking about how hard it was to tell people that we were pregnant with like the last 4! For some reason I really dread telling people that we are having ANOTHER baby. For some reason people think it's their business to tell you when you ahve too many kisd or that they are too close together, or "haven't you heard of birth control". Yeah, we get that one a lot. My family was funny because they just all got mad at me for waiting so long to tell them last time. We were living out of state, so no one saw me and so we waited until I was like 4 or 5 months along. They were ticked about that and there was little focus on the number, but then once that wore off....... I just hate how people can't just get excited for us. I don't tell anyone else how many kids to have and I don't claim to think that this is THE ONLY WAY to have a family. I believe that it is different for everyone. I definitely think that there are some people who were just meant to have big families, and those who weren't. I've never thought that my way was the only way. It is the best way for me though. I do appreciate those who are genuinely excited for us. I appreciate those who I get really excited to tell. It's hard to keep my excitement all to myself, but sometimes that seems like the only way to keep it exciting for me. I know six is a lot of kids!!! I'm WELL aware of "how full my hands are!" I really don't need the reminder. But for some reason this is how it is for us! And we like it!! I really wouldn't have it any other way. I need to just hang on to the fact that I know we are doing the right thing for us and that this is what we want and that's all that matters. I know I'm overly sensitive about the whole thing. Time to work on that I guess. But for now......we will keep it a secret I think :)

No comments: