Monday, June 1, 2009

2nd Appointment

We went to the doctor today. I loved it! We actually didn't get a babysitter, so we had four of our five with us there to hear the heartbeat for the first time. It is always SO amazing to me to hear that little thumping. This baby has a nice strong, steady one. It's funny because I was totally starting to wonder if there was anything alive in there anymore since I haven't felt any movement yet, and because I"m just a paranoid mommy. But it was such a relief and so sweet to hear that heartbeat again. That should get me through the next 4 weeks :) The kids were excited to hear the heartbeat and are still arguing over whether it is a girl or a boy :) Dr. Thackeray joked that we would come in for our ultrasound next time to "find out it's a boy". HA HA! I really feel open minded this time about whether it is a boy or a girl. I think either one would be awesome. I think that people think we're craving a girl by now, but for me, I think I would be okay either way. We do get to go do our ultrasound on the 29th, I'm excited about that.
The other day my mom said that she was "starting to see my baby now" and I just laughed! I really don't feel like I am showing down there. I really look more like I swallowed a baby! My stomach is seriously sticking out (the top part, not where my uterus is) and it looks AWFUL!! It's all chubby. And normally I can suck in that section, well, not anymore! It's so embarrassing. I kinda hope this baby can start growing so that we can even things out. I must be getting a little bigger down in the baby section though because I only have one pair of pants left that don't hurt, and I am even having to unbutton them when I'm sitting down (partly due to the muffin top). I would rather just look pregnant than fat.

No comments: