Monday, July 27, 2009

A little peek through the clouds

Okay, so I have to say, that all of a sudden I feel like I am back. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but the first trimester of pregnancy for me is like covered in a haze. I'm living in a foggy world where everything is distant, or not visible. It's just weird. And I feel like I"m completely out of it. So usually the first trimester my house is a disaster, my family is out of control, and I am hormonal and just sick. During the second trimester I start to feel the fog lift. It has taken a LOT longer this time (as I am nearing the end of the 2nd trimester), but normally the 2nd is when I start to get my grip with reality back. I notice what things have been neglected, I work on getting things back in order, and eventually make a new routine for myself. It's rarely the same one I had before getting pregnant, but it's close, and it works. So that is where I am right now. I am starting to feel like things are just WAY out of control, but that I can actually do something about it. I have all these ideas formulating in my mind of how to organize my house, how to get my kids under control, and I feel the need to do it all. It's good. I'm surprised to be feeling this way with how my back has been acting lately, but it's good. Normally I have things pretty under control by the third trimester and we can all just sit back and enjoy the routine. At least until the baby comes and it all gets thrown out the window with the nursing schedule :) but until then!
I feel pretty good emotionally. I'm glad.
This little girl is VERY active. This is good! I love being able to feel her move around and knowing that she is there and alive. For some reason I worry about that too much, so she's been helping me to not worry. I am getting mroe and more anxious to go shopping and spend too much money on cute clothes. We really don't have much for her yet. HOpefully we can work up a good wardrobe and have things for her to wear :) I need them put out the winter clothes :)

1 comment:

Christy Smith said...

If anyone can do it, you can! I'm so excited for you...I love feeling the baby moving around inside. There's no other feeling like it! You're such a great mommy!